PO Box 208,
Sidney, NY 13838, 85 Main St., Ste. 1,
What Is An Ad?
An ad is something you pay to put in the paper. It is guaranteed to be in the paper or you get your money back. It can list prices and is worded exactly the way you give it to us. If it is a display ad (one with a box or border around it) it can include pictures or artwork, such as photos of a person with a birthday, balloons, your business logo, etc. It cannot be obscene, stolen from a website, book or another person. We do not print ads that are used for mudslinging or bad-mouthing an institution, business or person. All ads must be received by Monday at 4 p.m. or they will not get in that week’s issue. If you need to see a proof of the ad we need to receive it by noon on Monday.
If you want to place a display (box) advertisement, please call 607-561-3526 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Rates are listed below. We can design an ad for you or we can accept ads in PDF, TIFF, EPS, or JPEG format files. Please call 607-561-3526 before sending any files or e-mail us at email@example.com for more information.
Our Ad Sizes:
1 column wide – 1 5/8 inch (1.625″)
2 columns wide – 3 3/8 inch (3.375″)
3 columns wide – 5 1/8 inch (5.125″)
4 columns wide – 6 7/8 inch (6.875″)
5 columns wide – 8 5/8 inch (8.625″)
6 columns wide – 10 3/8 inch (10.375″)
Full page – 10 3/8 x 16”
Width is measured in columns. Depth is measured in inches.
For example: a 2 column x 2 inch ad is 3 3/8 inches wide by 2 inches deep.
• DISPLAY ADS $5.25 per column inch, Tri-Town News only
• COMBO RATE in Tri-Town News and Chenango American, Oxford Review- Times and Whitney Point Reporter (COW): $7 per column inch; call our office to ask the rates for COW alone
• COLOR DISPLAY ADS – $40 additional charge for smaller than 1/2 page, $60 for 1/2 page or larger
• FRONT PAGE BANNER call for details
• CLASSIFIED ADS – $5 for the first 20 words, 5 cents for each additional word
• DISPLAY CLASSIFIED ADS – $5.35 per column inch
• AGENCY ADS call for details
• BUSINESS & SERVICE DIRECTORY- $15, $30 or $45 per space per month, depending on the size of ad chosen
• PRE-PRINTED CIRCULARS – $65 per 1,000
Legal Notices and Classified Ads
We appreciate receiving legal notices via e-mail. There is far less chance of an error if you are sending your notice this way. Just put “Legal Notice” in the subject line of your e-mail and attach your file or paste it into your e-mail. If you have questions about the best way to send something, please call us, we are happy to help. Classified ads can be sent to us if they are pre-paid, or if you include a credit card number with your e-mail. The deadlines for Legal Notices and Classified Ads are at 4 p.m. on Monday.
– classified ads are $5 for the first 20 words, 5 cents for each additional word
– display classified ads (boxed ads on the classified page) are $5.35 per column inch
– legal notices are charged by the line, for more information please contact our advertising department
– The Tri-Town News is available to paid subscribers by USPS, e-mail and newsstand sales, no papers are left in free piles or on doorsteps and counted as circulation.
– The Tri-Town News covers upper Delaware County, lower Chenango County and parts of Broome and Otsego Counties a-long the Susquehanna River.
– Circulation Map
– Advertisements need to be in our office by 4 p.m. on Monday in order to get into Thursday’s paper. Holiday deadline is Friday at 4 p.m. if not otherwise posted. Ads requiring a proof need to be in by noon.
– Special sections have earlier deadlines, typically Wednesday the week before the special section comes out. Please check with your advertising representative for details.
– Holiday deadlines change depending on the day of the week the holiday falls on. Please check with your advertising representative.